I'm not entirely convinced she was getting a raw deal. The $650 new-model bike
might be considered by some to be a significant improvement over what she had
before, while still fitting her needs in ways that the older bike did without
costing a ton more money. My impression is the salesperson was trying to help
her without jamming a $2000 bike at her.