The Gryphon is pretty good. I think it's fully designed to be a drop-bar
MTB. Not a heavy tourer like a Fargo or AWOL. They're relatively
inexpensive, well built and versatile. A little too versatile for me
actually. I'd prefer not to have an eccentric BB, and the cable guides are
bolt on ones rather than fixed. Like many Surly bikes, it tries to be all
things to all people.