The top dropout eyelets are M6 as well. I've been piecing mine together
slowly in my office, making a list of parts to bring the next day to add
during my lunch hour. M6 bolts are now on that list.
Also, I just mounted a Nitto R15 rack on the front, and wasn't too happy
with the result, probably because it looks exactly like I should have
expected - a rear rack mounted up front. I think I'll either be going for a
Haulin Colin rack or get a custom rack made to utilize the top mounts.
David
Chicago