John,

I concur, 650b seems just the right size. Particularly for the size bikes I
ride, which luckily for me is a touch smaller than you. As I am lucky
enough to have a 1st generation Bombadil, I'm not looking at a Joe
Appaloosa as a Bombadil stand in. But if I were, my ~83 pbh would probably
put me on a 51 which of course is 650b. Too bad for you that you are too
tall.

I was just up at RBW WHQ and the Appaloosa protovello and a bunch of Clems
were in the "showroom". Running up there to do some test riding and in
person size assessing would probably be good fun (you do live just ~30min
south don't you).

ted