I have managed to snag a couple of decent condition Raids on eBay for a
pretty good price - the last one was 17 Euros plus shipping. The trick I
find is to set your location to France, and more seem to pop up. They
aren't NOS, but you have a couple of options in terms of improving the
hardware. The first is to get the hardware kit from Compass - spending $50
on the brakes and $125 on the hardware package gets you pretty much brand
new operating brakes for less than some other options, especially if you
need the yoke because you don't have brazed on centrepull studs. The other
option is to get some hardware from a Racer - it is pretty much all the
same. I found some NOS Racers locally for cheap, so have new hardware for
my Raids. The Compass stuff is nicer, but I am at about $75 for some pretty
much NOS Raids. The arms are pretty much bulletproof - so unless they are
really dinged up or bent, they should be great with new hardware.

The Raids have enough reach for the conversion I am doing of a Trek 620
(1983) that originally had 27" wheels.

Toby
Toronto