Well, I had a custom derailleur Rivendell modified to long horizontals
without derailleur hangar (and had the dt shifter bosses removed, too);
this is just the opposite case. My own excuse is, that I loved the way the
bike fit and handled, but preferred a dedicated fixed gear drivetrain,
and I didn't have the $ for a new custom Rivendell. I've been happy with
this mod for getting on for 10 years. Perhaps the owner loved his SO but
preferred derailleurs, and didn't want to spend for another Rivendell?

I suppose I take a more liberal view of bicycle modification than many, but
my guiding principle is, if you really have thought the modification
through, and there are good reasons why alternatives won't work as well for
you, all variables considered, do it. A bike is meant for riding, and
riding is meant to give the rider pleasure, so do what is most pleasant.

I agree that whimsical mods are silly. I'm just not sure this is one of
them.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Jim Bronson <jim.bron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why would anyone do this?  There are other Rivendell models that fit
> this role without frame modification.
>
> I don't mean to be overly negative but this is seriously (expletive)
> stupid.
>
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 3:15 PM, nathaniel nichols <natnich...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Found this on local CL, not mine, but I would think the dropout would
> make it shift funny or just kinda annoying to change a flat..idk looks fun
> though
> > http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/5375840206.html
> >
> > --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten