I agree with you Patrick. The difference I see is that altering your custom to
fit your riding style makes logical sense. Seems the purpose of a custom is to
be exactly what the customer wants and therefore your changes were a
fulfillment of that ideal. I am not passing judgment on the SO owner just
wondering about their logic. I would think the mods costs as much as the frame
itself. All to make a bike the SO was never meant to be.

Cheers!
Chris