Calfee can provide such a bike as well.

Double the price?  Maybe, maybe not.  I have owned a Rivendell Road and
still own a Calfee Tetra.  A Calfee Tetra Pro frame with fork runs $3670 -
$3895, though options can push that higher.  Certainly not double the price
of a custom Riv ($3500), not quite double the price of a Roadeo ($2200).
 Both are hand built frames.  The Riv is prettier, the Calfee is lighter.
 Both handle well.  The Calfee is, dare I say it, faster in a sprint or up
a hill.  Neither one ever let me down.  Either one could be repaired should
it be damaged, but I suspect fixing the steel bike would be more expensive
(the Calfee has no paint, so no repaint needed after mending).  Different
horses for different courses.  There's room for both in the world.

Now I'll put on my nomex and fix a bowl of popcorn.

Bill