On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 8:02:46 PM UTC-6, RJM wrote:

> I found the Compass Stampede Pass to be a better tire than the Jack Brown.
> It felt noticeably quicker to me on the same wheelset and I might say more
> comfortable. I didn't go wider than that though...and really, for the way I
> ride the Roadeo the thinner tires proved optimal. It's purely a fast road
> bike for me.

Were you riding the Jack Brown greens?  I had the Compass Stampede Pass
EL's on briefly on my RB-T, but didn't really have a chance to try them out
as I quickly swapped them for the bigger Barlow Passes when I found out
they would fit.  IFRC, the Stampede Pass tires only measured out to only
about 30mm on the Mavic MA-2 rims.  They seemed noticeably skinnier than
the Jack Browns.  I would think the Jack Brown greens and Compass standard
casing tires would be pretty comparable.  I run the Baby Shoe Pass EL's on
my Hillborne and love the ride.  My new Roadeo has Roly-Poly's (28.5 with
my calipers on Velocity Aerohead) and I want to fit a wider 32-35 tire to
handle an occassional gravel road.  I am curious as to how the new Compass
Bon Jon Passes would work on the Rodeo.