On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Chad <cschoentha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tim, how tight do those 38 Gravel Grinders fit?  I'm test fitting the new
> Schwalbe 700x35 G-Ones on my 53 Roadeo and they are just a little too tight
> at the chainstays for my comfort level.  Maybe 2mm on each side.

The Challenge Gravel Grinders are nominally 700 x 38.
Their actual measurement is 36 mm wide on Mavic Open Pro rims (20 mm
external).
The chainstay clearance is <2 mm with those tires, so a tire that actually
measures 38 mm may rub.
Brake arm clearance  is ~5 mm in front and rear under Tektro R539 calipers.

I was considering the 700 x 35 Schwalbe G-One or 700 x 32 Panaracer Gravel
King (slick tread) tires.  But, I found a barely used pair of 700 x 32
(knobby) Gravel Kings on eBay, so I'll roll on those.

I haven't test-ridden the Roadeo yet, with either tire.  The streets are
way too sloppy here for a non-fendered bike.
I did ride ~20 miles on my fat bike yesterday, in 2" of fresh powder.

Tim Gavin
Cedar Rapids, IA