Just a bit on the albas and the tuck:

I have toured with them quite a bit and found that on descents, I can
maintain a pace with friends tucking on drops by using the normal hand
positions on the albas but tucking my elbows in at my ribs. I always feel
like I should be wearing a cape doing this since it probably looks fairly
silly, but who cares?

On fairly straight descents where I don't plan on doing much braking, I use
the very position you mention, Mark, but I feel like the issue with a "laid
back" saddle is mitigated by having the pedals at about 2 and 8 o'clock,
which is good for balance and stability and offloads enough weight from the
saddle so the nose isn't digging into my sensitive parts. Obviously, this
only applies to descending and not getting a good aero pace on flats.

As for trail riding, the albas are great for stability (especially when
loaded down with gear) but I have found that on steep climbing sections, I
desire a bar that is more perpendicular to me so I can pull back on it
while mashing up the climb. The bends on the albas are adequate enough for
this, but aren't wide enough to feel really stable, in my experience.
Obviously, something like the bullmoose would be better, but everything has
a trade off. I dig the albas a lot, and it doesn't hurt that they're so
easy on the eyes.