+1 on Mustache bars. The forward aero-position is just great, and as a
bonus you get the outside position. It's right in the middle between Albas
and drops. I'm contemplating putting them back on, as the drops aren't
quite cutting it for me.

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Matt B. <matthiasbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 5:36:53 PM UTC-5, Deacon Patrick wrote:
>>
>> Plus, as a bonus, I could ride the drops/curves/hoods/forward position
>> AND have brakes. When I'm upright and cruisin', no need to brakes. That's
>> my "tra-la-la, oom-pum-tiddly-pom" Pooh position. No brakes required. At
>> the first sign of a heffalump or bees or other adventure -- "To the Hoods!
>> Whoah! Brakes. Just when I need them."
>>

> This is exactly why I love my mustache bars so much.   They are the old
> shape mustaches, though I'd probably like the albastache shape too.  As you
> say brakes where you need em / not where you don't.
>
> I do have albatross style bars with long-reach stem on an old 3speed
> raleigh, and they're good, but i find myself riding in the curves a lot,
> especially on rough stuff, and wishing the levers were up there.   might
> source some interrupters eventually, or go mustache on that bike too.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal