If you want to get a feel for what the Compass brakes are like, find a set of
Mafac Racers, which were the inspiration for the Compass model (many parts are
interchangeable). The Racers come in a version that will mount to pretty much
any Riv frame.

I have Racers on two bikes, and like them a lot. Alex Singer used the braze-on
version on many of their bikes, which is itself a testament to their quality.

–Eric N