On 05/22/2016 01:33 PM, Lungimsam wrote:
I dont temember the model. Only know what the salesman said.

Quoting the Wikipedia:

   /An //*electric bicycle*//, also known as an //*e-bike*//or
   //*booster bike*//, is a //bicycle
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle>//with an integrated
   //electric motor
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motor>//which can be used
   for propulsion. There are a great variety of e-bikes available
   worldwide, from e-bikes that only have a small motor to assist the
   rider's pedal-power (i.e., //pedelecs
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedelec>//) to somewhat more powerful
   e-bikes which tend closer to //moped
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moped>//-style functionality: all,
   however, retain the ability to be //pedalled
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_pedal>//by the rider and are
   therefore not //electric motorcycles
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motorcycles>//. E-bikes use
   rechargeable batteries and the lighter varieties can travel up to 25
   to 32 km/h (16 to 20 mph), depending on the laws of the country in
   which they are sold, while the more high-powered varieties can often
   do in excess of 45 km/h (28 mph). In some markets, such as Germany,
   they are gaining in popularity and taking some market share away
   from conventional bicycles,//^[1]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle#cite_note-1> //while
   in others, such as China, they are replacing //fossil fuel
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel>//-powered //mopeds
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moped>//and small motorcycles.//^[2]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle#cite_note-NYT0110-2>
   //^[3]
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle#cite_note-USAToday0210-3>
   /

   /Depending on local laws, many e-bikes (e.g., //pedelecs//) are
   legally classified as bicycles rather than //mopeds
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moped>//or //motorcycles
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle>//, so they are not
   subject to the more stringent laws regarding their certification and
   operation, unlike the more powerful two-wheelers which are often
   classed as //electric motorcycles
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motorcycles>//. //

   /

While higher power models obviously exist, I think mostly what the bike shops are pushing are pedelecs aimed at commuters. Around here (metro DC area) that's typically a 20 mph top speed pedelec, like the Trek I linked to. I know a few people who have that bike or one similar but lacking the Headshok suspension. There are far more expensive models (Specialized has an electric mountain bike that's around ten thousand bucks, but I have no idea of its top speed) but based on everything I've read, if they've got one that can get up to 40 mph in as small a space as a typical LBS parking lot that's got to be an electric motorcycle. I doubt most cars can get up to 40 in that small a space even using Launch Control and doing a furious burn-out. Perhaps the salesman is exaggerating? Of course, they would never lie...