Personally, I think mixing an e-bike into a group ride - fast or recreational -
kinda defeats the purpose of the group's ride. I wouldn't do it, but them again
I don't do group rides so this isn't an issue I need to sort out. I electrified
one of my bikes because I think it's fun. It's not going to do 15mph for 50
miles, which is ok because I don't do that on regular bikes, either.

Where it's made the biggest difference in my life is this: I used to have days
on my big hill where I blew off a ride because I just didn't feel like doing
that long, slow slog home, so I ended up on the couch. Now those days become
assisted rides where I'm still outside and still pedaling. Upgrade!