FYI, SRAM doesn't do triples for road bikes.  You can do 2 x 10 or 2 x 11.
Other than that limitation, I do like how their Double Tap brifters work.
I have a 2 x 10 Rival drivetrain on my plastic (carbon) gravel bike.

I concur that Shimano's STI triples can be a bit picky, but the current
offerings (3 x 10 Tiagra 4700) and their last-generation ones (3 x 10 5700
105 or 6700 Ultegra) work pretty well.
But, Shimano's stuff tends to work best with their specific cranks (which
only come in 50/39/30 or 52/39/30), some of which do not have a standard 74
mm BCD for the granny.  You used to be able to swap in a lower granny, but
the newest Shimano triples don't allow that any more.

Campagnolo triples are apparently more forgiving.  However, their newer
shifters have some slightly different technologies (Quickshift, Powershift,
Ultrashift) that you'd want to learn up on before you choose.  I haven't
used Campy stuff newer than 8-speed; I have an 8-speed Sachs (made by
Campy) Ergopower drivetrain on my Roadeo.

I also concur that brazed-on centerpull brakes are the way to go.  Plenty
of power, good looks.  You have to decide whether you want "standard"
centerpull posts (for classic brakes like Weinmann/Dia-Compe or Compass
centerpulls), or whether you want Paul Racer centerpull posts (different
size).  You'll have to let Riv know soon regarding your choice, so they can
update the frame build order with Waterford.

Cheers,
Tim (in Iowa)