I was there, mostly to go for the ride after which I ended up not going on,
go figure.

I've read another of his books but not really his blogs so wasn't too
familiar with him. His presentation thing was fine, pretty funny. The Q&A I
thought was weird, the questions kind of put Eben in a weird position of
being bike ambassador of the world, and he really just didn't know how to
answer the questions (which I don't blame him at all), but still had a good
sense of humor about it. He riffed on track bikes, triathalon bikes, and
fat bikes a good bit. The book itself is nothing special, its an intro
buyer's guide to bikes. After drinking the Rivendell kool-aid over the
years I felt it didn't have much more to offer and was missing the
philosophic musings in Gran's riding. That being said, I'm glad I went and
paid the $20 for the book because I wanted to support the community and
encourage the message.

Grant gave a pretty funny intro of being pulled over and given a ticket for
running a stoplight (which he did in fact do), and then he went to contest
in court in which he convinced the judge to 'think about it' for a few
days. He just got the letter from the court and had an audience member open
it and let him know what the decision was. I won't ruin this surprise
ending, you'll have to call rivendell and ask to find out the verdict ;)