My take on this book (I purchased his first, and I think second, or maybe I
borrowed that one) is it recycles some of his familiar themes, such as
types of cyclists and their attitudes. It also takes fairly standard
advice--shop for a bicycle in the winter, when business is slow and you can
get more attention--and spices it up with humorous asides. Ultimately, I
think he is at his ripping, take-no-prisoners best when commenting daily on
various goings-on in the world that touch in some way on cycling. The
books, by their nature, tend to be Bike Snob lite. When I was first getting
back into cycling, no doubt I would have enjoyed the Ultimate Guide. His
next book should be a satirical roman a clef about the "bike
world"--racing, boutique builders, advocacy, etc. I'll drop him a note...

Curious what kind of questions. Do you recall an example or two? Along the
nature of What do you think of bike lanes?