On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:34:33 PM UTC-6, Joe Bernard wrote:

> Wait, we're talking about a rack Riv doesn't sell, and complaining that
> they don't put stuff in the description that is clearly in the
> description?? I give up, I'm going to go ride my bike. With a Nitto rack
> from Rivendell that was accurately explained and I properly mounted.
> Toodles!

Good one, Joe. Yes, I am somewhat distracted because I'm dismantling the
front end of my bike in my exposed backyard before a storm hits here.  I
posted the photos ASAP as a warning to others while dismantling that bike
for your enlightenment (and obvious entertainment). My posts seem to be
time-delayed because I'm a new poster here so bear with me yet again. Is
there or is there not any mention of tethers in the "Read this before
proceeding" section of the rack page? I don't see anything -- but, yes, I
am distracted so maybe I missed it again. (I'd like to get back to my bike
before it gets rained on.) A poster on this thread mentioned two 32F's
breaking. Are they not sold by Rivendell? Are they illustrated with a
tether strap in their description? If you went directly from reading the
huge warning section on that rack page to the 32F offering and hit the
order button (because your friend had one and you wanted one) could it be
possible that you might miss that tether strap suggestion? That safety info
should be upfront with the rest of the warning spiel. Does that not make
sense? Now I really have to get back to my bike before it rains....