I think this is all a good reminder that you have to check your stuff every
now ant then. Safety warnings and weight limits are just words on a page.
There are things on our bikes that are worth inspecting every now and then,
just for general wear and tear, where a large amount of wear and tear could
lead to a failure mode that represents a minor annoyance, all the way up to
potential grave injury. Front racks are one of those things, but there's
other things too. Bolts can come loose sometimes. Even if your rack is
bolted to your frame or fork with 4 distinct mount points, one or two loose
bolts can teach you real quick about rapid unscheduled dismounts.

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD