I noticed both this and the regular Brooks leather bar tape are
perforated.  Is there a benefit to the perforations or would a solid tape
like the Compass Grand Bois leather tape be better?
https://www.compasscycle.com/shop/components/handlebars/grand-bois-leather-handlebar-tape/

I can imagine grip might be a little better with perforations, but possibly
at the expense of longevity in weather.  I'm leaning towards the solid
Grand Bois tape, but could be swayed if having perforations was
substantially better overall for some reason.  If leather, I'll treat with
Obenauf's LP for either.

Thanks.

Tim