I don't have any rivs with the 6 degree top tube (other than the clem which
is different because it only comes in three sizes which are thus meant to
take a HUGE range of riders for each), but my gut says that 56 would indeed
be too big for you.   That size is directly comparable to the 61cm, 3
degree frames that René mentions, in terms of top tube length and ideal
fit.  It just have a lot more standover room.   Similarly, a 52cm
Hillbourne might be equivalent to about a 57cm Homer or Atlantis, if they
existed.

Here's a link to the old geometry tables for comparison, which still have
those old Sam Hillbourne sizes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gfiN1kOxVrthdc6eScUF9fP5n-BvRBILbBMYiEg5LM4/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Also,  here's a thread in which Grant talks about the Hillbourne sizing
conversion:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rbw-owners-bunch/_pGj9VCTu0E/JB3_bX-YOr4J