On 07/18/2016 03:46 AM, Garth wrote:
If you want a broader perspective on other tires you reaĺly gotta search the
web.   There are lots of tires, each unique so while I understand comparing
them ultimately such comparisons are meaningless as they only reveal a sense of
self limitation in which their really are none.

While having a nice bike and tires is great , these iare not necessary to
enjoy yourself. How jaded we become as adults, forgetting the joy of childhood
when simply riding was an adventure.  The bike details were largely forgotten,
the ride was everything.  Speed, road feel, bike feel, this that and the other
feel ...... gawd .... paralysis by analysis !    Compared to what? I ask ......
More comparisons ?  Where is the foundation of these claims? There isn't one.
See how silly all this is ?!

The best ride is right where you are😄

A lousy tire can spoil all that. I put a set of Specialized Nimbus Armadillo tires on my commuter once. Even though I was fanatical about extracting every penny of value and made it a point to ride my tires right down to the cords, those tires so utterly transformed the bike that after only two weeks I'd had enough: I removed them and threw them away.

I agree, the over-examined life is not worth living and paralysis by analysis is far worse than merely picking some middle of the road choice and getting on with life. But considering how cheap cycling is in the vast great scheme of things, if you know (as we do) what the best choices (for several definitions of "best") are, for many of us the only thing that makes sense is to get the best.