I guess they'll take a look at your wheel, but another  explanation (more
likely for a conventional old-school freewheel hub) could be a bent axle. I
know you haul home lots of groceries so that could be a possibility.
Apparently cartridge bearings can be obtained from a good bearing supply
house...but I know I ordered bearings from SJS  Cycles  for my freewheel
Mavic 501 hub and had  them  installed  at a local LBS who managed to
misplace the Mavic rear skewer. Wasn't too happy about that , but shops get
busy and I can see how that could happen, I guess. One of the things I got
the shop to  check, though, was for a bent axle. Fortunately , the axle was
straight. Only load I carry is moi.