Cam, having the non-bull moose version on my clem, I tend  to think it is
mostly a positive.  I ended up with and prefer the ends rotated downward much
more than the fixed position on the b.m., primarily because it makes the 3rd
grip position (at the downward curve) usable and comfortable.  If the main grip
section is set more horizontal, you have to contort your wrists oddly to grip
the curve, and your hands will want to slide forward.  I also found i needed a
longer stem extension than the b.m. would have provided.  I got the 130 which
is the longest riv sells, but would (and may) prefer 140 or 150 if i can find
one.  Likewise, i much prefer the negative rise of a normal stem.  The 120mm
/90 degree effective stem on the b.m. would be too high and way too close for
the amount of rise and reach-back those bars have.

On the other hand, i do agree that the loss in rigidity is a negative.  I find
my riding technique restrained by the flex of the bar (technically, i think its
more of a "torsion" than a "flex"), and am reluctant to perform
out-of-the-saddle sprints unless I'm gripping the curve part mentioned above.
Other than the regular bull moose, it's the only adequately-wide bar riv sells,
in my opinion, and i think the lack of stiffness is the tradeoff.  Great bar
overall.