it's an allusion to putting a square peg into a round hole, assuming that
would not be the personal choice of the OP and is leading the thread in the
opposite direction of the original question.

There is a tendency on forums that the longer the thread runs, the farther
it gets from the topic, and may degrade into personal demands that one of
the parties didn't intend or even want to be part of

This thread is not about me - my last on topic post was sincere