Steve,

I like your Century Special 13-30 range.  That may be something for me to
aspire to.  I'm not really sure of what I need for a low gear.  I like the
idea of the 18 given my currently weakened state.  As I build strength and
endurance, a higher low gear that allows closer spacing may be preferred.
I guess I'll know when I get there.  :)

On to some great news:  Now that I've selected the 3x9 with bar ends that
Riv stocks, my build should be done today and ship around Tuesday of next
week.  Yeah!  :D

Thanks again everyone for the continued education.

Tim