On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 6:47:34 PM UTC-7, Mark in Beacon wrote:

> I have the exact opposite take. Annie is "beside herself" after a five
> minute ride around the block because she "expected to immediately fall in
> love with the Clementine...but unfortunately the upright stance reminded me
> of a cruiser"  What Clem owner opinions was she reading that did not
> mention its cruise factor? And what does any of that mean in terms of
> telling me something about the ride quality?... I am much more likely to
> listen to the opinions of a reviewer who spends a good amount of time with
> a bike before pronouncing judgement.

Well, the title of Annie's review in question is "Rivendell Clementine - *First
Impressions*" (emphasis mine). So this wasn't supposed to be a full-on
objective review of the bike after riding it for weeks or months, just her
"first impressions". I'm sure we'll get a more substantial review after
more riding has happened (and a possible handlebar switch.) So let's not be
so harsh on her. Besides, she ends it in a positive note with this: "For
now, I just need to get to know my Clementine. I am confident she has
*potential*."
-Shawn