Leah, I was wondering how your bike bus was going.

Sounds like there are a few challenges

I find with pedestrians, some do take the bell as honking and get pissed
off. But most appreciate it and I'll often say something like " I'm not
trying to be rude, just trying to warn you; I'm approaching" ....still some
people are unbelievably selfish or self-absorbed or plugged in. I mean,
really, what choice do you have but to take your junior commuters on the
sidewalk?..

Also too bad that some of the kids are on totally inadequate bikes...that's
a tough one. I still think there are not a whack of choices for kids' bikes

Anyway, keep fighting the good fight