I will be no great source of information but a friend and I had a table at
this last Denver Veloswap and I met Greg Parker, the guy now about to
produce new Heron frames.  His official website is:
 http://www.bicycleclassics.com
With the Heron site getting most of the information updates:
 http://www.heronbicycles.com
His e-mail (from his card) is:  gpvb1 (at) comcast.net

I was only able to talk to Greg for a minute or two but I know he has put a
lot of work into bringing the Heron name back.  He had two (new Heron!)
frames there, one large (64cm?) and one smaller (maybe a 54-56cm).  They
were the first delivered (I believe) from an initial batch of 25 being
built by Waterford.  I won't state any specs, though some are on the site,
but I can say they were beautiful frames as you would expect.  They would
seem much more a road/randonneur/sport touring type of frame, versus full
touring or the varied uses for the Sam, though anything is always possible.
 I believe Greg said they would list for $2400 for frame/fork/maybe hs but
that should be verified.  Greg is a good and knowledgeable guy and I am
sure he would provide any information possible.

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there about what I had just found
regarding the new Heron's.  Sorry the info is so incomplete but I had
stepped away from our table to his and I had to get back more quickly than
I wanted.

Bob Lovejoy
Denver, CO