I agree with previous posters and am a Heron Touring owner. The Sam is more
versatile (I am not a Sam owner). Tire max on the Kuzma era Heron touring
is maybe 36mm actual, so some 38 labeled tires (soma c-line for instance)
will fit and some might not. Fenders will fit any tire that fits in between
the chain stays.

One advantage is the Herons came in 2cm size increments. I also prefer
cantis to long reach sidepulls, but some hate cantis.

-Dave J