My experience is with a 46 Clem which I sold, and my current 51 Appaloosa.
Honestly, I think you would have to really want to find differences in ride to
find them: They both are commuter/touring/light-trail oriented designs with
long stays, similar tubing diameters and canti/v-brake mounts.

The big difference I see is literally what I see..joining method. The Appaloosa
is fully lugged, doesn't have the swoopy seatstays required by Clem's seat lug,
and has a very cool fork crown reminiscent of old 3-speed Raleighs.

I think if you like one bike you'll like the other, but there's definitely a
lot of overlap in ride and capabilities, so make sure you're interested in
duplicating abilities. The Appaloosa will have a shorter toptube relative to
similar size Clem, so this may be a quality you're looking for.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.