I recommend DeFeet Duragloves, the charcoal wool model. They're only 40%
wool, but made in the U.S.A. They're tight knit so fairly windproof and
have grippy things on the palms. I use them for cycling and all outdoor
activities (except cross -country skiing which requires a warmer glove} for
5 or 6 months out of the year here in the Pacific northwest.