Bill - I feel like we may need to hear a story about your BA mom!
Ray, housecoat and slippers, never! But always boots and broth! I would also
add your niece is lucky.
Garth, yes, the distinction must be made. Although, I don't think my sons have
figured out that I'm not cool and that they should put a respectable distance
between us. Actually, I think they'd wear this hat if I'd let them - it's
rabbit fur and they LOVE rabbit fur. That Mad Bomber hat is from my college
days back at North Dakota State, when I wore it to withstand the subzero temps
as I trudged to class on the coldest of winter days. So, if I got it in 2000,
is it vintage yet? After living in the desert for 13 years, I don't know why
I've hauled it with me on all three moves through the Southwest, but I'm so
glad I did!

Linda - loving your gloves and looking at them on Amazon today!

Ryan, the bicycle bus is mostly just us. They're dropping like flies out there,
and especially now that the highs are in the 50s. People have asked me, "What
are you going to do now that it's too cold to ride?" They don't know about my
hearty northern roots, so I try not to give them a withering look. Instead, I
give them grace and spare them the lecture. I just chirp, "There is no bad
weather, there is only bad clothing!" The first crossing guard we ride by on
our route told me he loves to see us ride. It reminds him of something his mom
would have done with him, only he says it would have been frowned upon in the
50s so she didn't. I don't know why? Also, we may have a convert in the near
future, as a mother has recognized me and said, "My sons want to ride to school
with you. They think you guys are so cool. But my older son was hit by a car on
his bike while in the crosswalk a year ago, and we haven't gotten the courage
to let him ride again." So, maybe in the future they'll join us. Maybe. The
thing I still get all the time is this: "I just don't know how you make it up
that hill on that beach cruiser!"

Ah, well. Back to the search for gloves.
Leah