Something to consider is a HR monitor so you stay within your aerobic
threshold (not too low, not too high) a la Maffetone. The basic formula is
180-age for the magic hr. It does an amazing job of building endurance and
promoting recovery. Until I did it, I thought I was in shape. I wasn't. I
was over exercising big time. Build aerobic base, then add in sprints etc
after you've recovered and build up the base.

With abandon,
Patrick