I had a Brooks Special and could never get real comfortable on it, even
after ten years. I tried a Selle Anatomica and now have them on all three
of my bikes. Once they get a little beausage, they look better. I only had
the sides of the saddle bother me in technical single track. After an hour,
the inside of my thighs got a touch irritated, but not enough to cancel the
blissful comfort the rest of the time. I had to set my saddles a little
nose high, more than the Brooks. It supports like a hammock. By tilting the
nose a little high, you sit in the sweet spot, with no damage to the junk.
The saddle should be set a little on the loose side. Not loose, but not
drum tight. This will prevent over stretching. I'd say try one....I just
bought another to replace the old long rail SA's (that were crap).

I haven't tried any other leather cutout saddle, so..... I have a bias.

Claytonious Q

Bend