BTW, Bill, what's your opinion of the lift-a-tube?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 17, 2017, at 2:48 PM, Bill Lindsay
<tapebu...@gmail.com<mailto:tapebu...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Sorry for the provocative title, it's sarcastic.  Here's the punchline content:

If you carry bikes up and down stairs frequently, you might be tempted to buy
one of the Rosco Bubbe frames with a Lift-a-tube.  I was tempted like you, and
I bought one.  I've commuted with it for a couple weeks, and now I can report
that you should not buy one.....because it will make you hate how lame and
stupid all your other bikes are when it comes to portaging up and down stairs.

I've had to use a different bike as my BART bike the last two days, and
carrying it up and down BART stairs in the past was "fine".  It was "not a big
problem".  Now that I'm conditioned to the excellence of the lift-a-tube,
carrying a normal bike up the stairs is like an inhuman torture device.  I'm
telling you, if you think it's fine carrying your bike up stairs or down
stairs, then DO NOT try a lift-a-tube bike, because it will ruin you.  Remain
in the bliss of your ignorance.

Seriously though, using a different bike made it sink in just how awesome the
lift-a-tube is.  If you never carry a bike up or down stairs, you don't need a
lift-a-tube.  If the bike you carry up and down stairs is stripped down, light
weight and uncluttered so it's easy to shoulder, then you probably don't need a
lift-a-tube.  The liftatube is fabulous for everybody else, and I'm now in a
state where I probably won't use most of my other bikes as BART bikes, because
I'm spoiled by the lift-a-tube.  If you have a bunch of bikes and don't want to
be similarly spoiled, don't try a lift-a-tube bike.

You're welcome

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

The sender of this email is a retired partner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher
& Flom LLP ("Skadden") and is not performing legal service on behalf of
Skadden. Use by a retired partner of the skadden.com or probonolaw.com domain
names is in his/her personal capacity and not on behalf of Skadden or its
affiliates.