Time to up your stick game.
The mental image of a perfectly coved deadfall limb liftastick is pretty
amusing. At that point you sand the paint off in two spots and epoxy it to
the tubes.

Philip
www.biketinker.com

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 3:41:23 PM UTC-8, Bill Lindsay wrote:

> Authenticity is in the eye of the beholder, of course.  I practically
> never build anything out of a stick.  I often build things from wood,
> plastic, metal.  Almost never a stick.  I'm the son of a machinist.
>
> On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 3:15:45 PM UTC-8, dougP wrote:
>>
>> Bill:
>>
>> PLASTIC PIPE?  Really?  For authenticity, needs to be real wood,
>> preferably a stick one has salvaged from deadfall, recently removed from
>> the bike lane.
>>
>> dougP
>>
>> On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 12:46:17 PM UTC-8, Bill Lindsay wrote:
>>>
>>> I think having the handle be both rigid itself and rigidly attached to
>>> the downtube and seat tube are important.
>>>
>>> If I was going to try for a DIY solution, I would use a short length of
>>> PVC pipe.  I would
>>>
>>> 1.  Pick where the lift-a-tube will attach to the seat tube and
>>> downtube.
>>> 2.  Wrap both those areas with Newbaums or equivalent.  A couple layers
>>> thick.  This protects the frame tubes and provides a soft-ish landing spot
>>> for the liftatube to 'bite into'