A shitty attitude is a damn' good way to go out of business in the bike
retail business! Fortunately (at least for me in my area, ABQ, NM) there
are some very good shops near me: Fat Tire and Stevie's to name the 2 best,
and High Desert is OK if you get good with the owners.

>From my own experience, some shops were started by cycling afficionados who
loved bikes but didn't love retail or service, and some were staffed
largely by youngster wannabees with attitudes.