Hi All,

I can tentatively recommend Continental Travel Contacts: Smooth-ish centers
with channel-grooves and  knobby edges. I say 'tentatively' as I put a set
of 42's on my Ram a just few weeks ago and have been pleased with their
performance on the range of surfaces from pavement to gravel to some very
light trail riding.  They're not a supple as Compass's so I'm experimenting
with pressures to find a happy place.  Other reviewers often commented on
their durability and puncture resistance.  Something to be aware of
however, is they run substantially narrower than expected.  My  42's
actually measure 36.4, quite a disparity.  I ordered another pair of 50's
for the Quickbeam, counting on them running narrower, as with the 42's.

Happy trails!

Al