It is too bad the Cheviot only has 1 bottle holder but it's not like you need 2
bottles at once. We headed off this week for a (great) day ride with Doug P and
his wife Melanie.  Because we left early, I had a huge bottle of coffee tucked
in with my load on the back and my water bottle on the bike. I'm sure I could
do the same if loaded up and figure out a 3rd if needed. I too am dreaming of a
short tour on my Cheviot (bought the tent last year so I have a start). Talk to
Will at Riv hq. I'm sure he would have some great input.