You'd be surprised by how many bikes/customers roll into the shop and
say..."yeah, I went cross country on this bike"  I look at the bike and
think man you must have been miserable!!  But instead I say "AWESOME!"

Point being, like many have said, you can do a lot with a little.  The Chev
platform is highly capable and a lighter tour will be all the more fun.

Someone already suggested it but check out the King Cage universal support
bolts, they'll stay put.  You also have saddle mount cages and handlebar
mount cages as an option.  AND I can recall throwing some water bottles in
my saddle bag or front bag on several S240s because I was too lazy to throw
on cages before leaving.  I usually stop to drink and take a breather
anyway, what's the rush, right?  Make sure you share your story once you
go!  Some of us will be living vicariously through you when we're stuck at
home base :-)