I changed my '72 Sports Tourer from 27" to 700C when the soft old spokes
started breaking. I liked the Maillard hubs, slotted like Phil Rivy's, and the
14-34 freewheel was perfect, so I cut out the spokes, polished up the hub
components, and shipped them to the best wheelbuilder in the land. For a fair
price he assembled the hubs and built high-tension 700C wheels that are still
dead true. The original centerpull brakes were thick around the shoe post
slots, so I used an endmill to lengthen the slots to reach the rims. Barely
fits 35mm Paselas at the chainstays.