Roberta,

I'm not sure what your fitness goals are but I come down on the side of bike
riding isn't that great a form of exercise. I think Grant has written a good
number of posts about this topic.  If I recall correctly without trying to put
words in anyone's mouth, I think it is in part how the whole just ride thing
came about. Any way if you wanna be "fit" in that you can ride long miles
quickly then maybe continue down the road you are going and check out
specalized or trek or any number of the other bike manufactures out there.
perhaps a Roadeo or Roadini of you wanna stay with Riv. Otherwise do some
burpees, sit ups, push ups, and hit training. Much better excersize and you
will get "Fit" this way. Use your bike rides for fun and enjoying nature.If you
do the other stuff you can hop on your bike and do 40-50 miles no problem. will
you be super fast like the guys and gals who put all the fast miles in. prolly
not, but unless you are racing who cares. By the way I have a clem H. it rides
like a dream and when I have time I take off rambling for the day. I dont count
miles but the bike has never been any sort of barrier to me riding as fast or
as far as I would care to go.

best,
Richard