Given that you already have a Romulus, the Sam will be closer to that than the
other two.
There is another option that would allow both you and your wife to use the same
bike, get on the list for one of the Roscoe Mtn Mixte.
As of yesterday, they had five people committed and wanted eight to make the
next run.

Given the choice of the three bikes you are considering, the Appaloosa is about
as versatile of a bike as you could ask for.

I've never had a bike that I thought would fit too large of a tire but I've had
plenty that I wished would fit something larger.

Ray
Vallejo CA