The Appaloosa is a more pretty bike than Clem, but the complete 2016 Clem H
bikes are selling for $200 off, that is, $1300 complete.  (fenders extra).
I could not argue with $1300 for a complete Rivendell.  I just got mine
this week, a 65cm in Mustard.

I also 2nd the thoughts for keeping the Rom, just converting it to 650b, I
converted one of my older Rivs to 650Bx38 with fenders and very happy with
it, with LoupLoup Pass tires it rolls really well.