I'd like to add another thought to this discussion, it has to do with public
radio vs mainstream corporate media.
Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have a couple great public radio
stations that play a very diverse mix of programming.
The hosts bring their own tastes and flavors to the audience, they give in
depth history on bands and musicians, they sometimes have live acts in the
studio. They keep the audience aware of small clubs, local venues and obscure
genres of music that just doesn't exist in corporate media.
Instead of hearing THE one cut from a record that the corporation wants to be a
hit.

I know a lot of people are fond of some of the streaming services and think
they get a good exposure to varied artists, and on some level they do.
Where I find them lacking is they don't dig to deep.
There's something about an individual who is passionate about a chosen genre
and how they bring exposure and education to the listening audience.

The sterility of a streaming digital service will never rival that sort of
listening experience.

Ray
Vallejo CA