FWIW, back when I had a more or less dedicated grocery beater, after trying
2 or 3 different types of 2-legged stands and finding that none held the
bike up securely with asymmetrically and heavily (>15 lb each) rear
panniers (and even with symmetrical loads, the bike could easily be knocked
over), I switched to a cheap Greenfield stand mounted at the left rear
dropout, and found that this did hold up unevenly loaded rear panniers, at
least, it did so better than the 2-leggers.

I recall trying the Pletscher and VO 2-leggers, but I know that there is
another that is said to be considerably wider. At any rate, the Greenfield
worked better for me than the first 2. And it's cheap. *And* it allowed me
to wheel the bike thru the aisles with the stand down -- something you
can't do with other types of stand and a fixed drivetrain.

If I were to use a stand again (and I'm not planning to), I'd go back to
the Greenfield; in fact, I kept it -- still have it.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Also, be aware of the obvious few facts that the more loaded your bike the
> more challenging it is on the stand, as well as the rougher/looser the
> terrain the less useful a stand. For the riding I do, I gave up stands as
> they were more often than not "delayed falls" rather than stands. Grin. But
> I'm a big ogre with big ogre loads in big ogre terrain, so I'm likely the
> exception.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 8:19:16 AM UTC-6, Doug H. wrote:
>>
>> I haven't had a kickstand on a bicycle since...I don't remember when.

*30% Supply and Demand discount, listmembers only, on all resume, LinkedIn,
and writing services, until Demand equals Supply! And there's more! 10%
kickback for any referral resulting in fully paid, list-price contract. And
still more!  I am offering services in trade for a road bike, or frame and
parts, that are period compatible with my AM hub, circa 1937 to 1961. See
my website for what I do and what I charge; email for details.*

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten