I think using what you have and adding what is needed or used is all we
should have.  The accumulations of bicycles is nice but you cant just ride
them all, all the time and justification for having them lessen the reason
to have them.  I read or heard that the late comedian Robin Williams had
many bicycles because he loved how each of them ride but if he were alive,
I doubt he could have ridden all of them to justify having so many.  So
many options to pick from bicycles that ride well and give enjoyment but at
the same time, do we need that many bicycle?