I guess i don't see how that could be considered a high or artificially
driven-up price.  It's still considerably less than any current, lugged
production frame - US or otherwise - and,  in near perfect condition, has just
as much life left in it.  It's also historically significant and more unique
with those lugs and that crown.  On the other hand, in contrast to the
Sachs-built frame being discussed concurrently, it doesn't suffer from the
baggage of being a custom, and the idea that it was 'too' unique, and built for
a specific person.  I guess I understand that some people might think that a
used bike should always be obtainable for bargain prices, but not me.  If i was
in the market for a road frame and this one fit, I'd choose it over a roadeo in
a heartbeat, even at the same price.  Unique is good.